Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bed Rest Business Office

So the doctors have put you on bed rest. You can no longer go to work to provide for your family. You are starting to feel depressed, hopeless, and a burden to your family.  You wish you had a way to generate income from bed. I know exactly how you feel. I went through the same exact thought process..... then I decided to get  crafty. I had to tap into my crafty side that laid dormant for so many years . I decided to start a craft business from bed.

I didn't have much experience beading and wire wrapping, but I wanted create unique earrings that were different from everything that saw on the market.  I couldn't get out to craft shows and hair shows to take advantage of the many vending opportunites , so I had to dive into the world of ecommerce.

If you have a craft that you can make from bed and you need some assistance with how to set up shop from bed, take a look at my bed rest craft office.

The Setup

First I had to make sure that I had some kind of way to access the world wide web.  With the help of my husband we set up a mini desk for our imac and printer  using an Ikea lack side table.



lack-side-table__22519_PE107398_S4bedrestdesk

I made sure I had plenty of room on my bed side desk for pen , paper, planner, and timer.

I can't sit up for long periods of time, so my tv tray doubles as a lap desk for my wireless mouse and keyboard.
0002171398821_180X180


On the opposite side of the room we used an Ikea shelving unit  and storage bins to create the storage station for all of my  earring supplies , shipping supplies, and business books.



expedit-shelving-unit__0092712_PE229410_S4storage bins





Bedrestcraftstorage



You can add more necessities to your bedrest office, but I hope that this post at least helps get you started.Please feel free to comment and let us know what you think of  my bedrest business set-up. I would love to see how you set up your bed rest office if you've decided to get started on your bed rest business.







No comments:

Post a Comment