Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bed Rest Photo Studio




Before I was placed on bed rest, I would do most of my product photos from the HypnoEars studio, or hire a photographer. I don't have those options right now, but I still need a way to take pictures of my newest creations. I began researching light boxes, and other ways to get good pictures. I didn't really have the resources to purchase a lightbox or a new camera, but I knew there had to be another way. 

I used my old desk lamp and changed the light bulb to a daylight light bulb 




Sometimes it's hard for me to sit up so I had to find  a way to get shots from differetnt angles. While on a skype session with my best friend, she suggested that I invest in a tripod for my cell phone or digital camera. I found one for $4.00 on ebay.


My digital camera is in need of repair, so I had to use the camera app on my Droid 4.  I found a few articles that helped me with adjusting the exposure settings . I will post them at the end of this post. 

I added about 10 sheets of pure white copy paper to get a crisper background.Here is the outcome from the mini photo shoot....


Here are the results after editing the exposure in photoshop....


I hope that this post inspires you to get creative  and work with what you have.


Links: 





Be Blessed




No comments:

Post a Comment