Friday, September 30, 2011

The Box


How did I get in here?
Why can't I get out?
I don't know how I got here.
That I know without a doubt.

I've found myself in this box
All sealed up with extra strength tape
I can't see anything
There is no way to escape


What you have just witnessed are the thoughts that run through my mind. I must admit that I was in denial before, but now I know that I am battling with postpartum depression. I am the mother of 3 beautiful children. I like to call them my mini-motivators. Lately they have been all that I have to keep me going. They give me a reason to get up and do more than I feel like doing.

After talking to several different people about the best solution for fighting this beast, I realize that one thing that works for me is talking about the things that I am feeling. It also helps when I take a moment to write about all of the things I am grateful for.Another thing that helps is to go to the gym and work up a sweat.

What are some of the techniques that you use to get out of your dark places?

No comments:

Post a Comment